Friday, May 23, 2014

Fiber Arts Friday - Week 21 2014

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!  Also, a wonderful Memorial Day weekend to honor those who have served our country.  With the long weekend ahead of me, I am hoping to get some dyeing done and start drum carding some batts.  We intend to move some pasture fencing around to allow the goats a bit more room.  We don't have as many male Alpacas so there is a lot of pasture not being used.  The goats would love to have some more grazing space.  I'm also hoping to try another wet felting experiment.  Now that shearing is done, I have a lot of neck fleece that would be perfect for felting but not for spinning.  It will be beautiful weather to set up the tables and work in the garage (especially because the fiber is unwashed).

My two current project have moved along but it wouldn't look like it.  The hard part about spinning a fine yarn is that it takes forever to spin a few ounces.  So goes the story of my bobbins.  I'm hoping to have the last two ounces spun this weekend and plied.  Yikes!  This month long spinning project is going to be a gorgeous yarn (if I do say so myself).  I can't wait to see what I get for yardage.

My weaving went a bit slower this week.  I only got a few inches done.  Again, when I'm not out in the barn and pasture playing, I hope to make some progress on these projects.  The new round of Nerd Wars begins June 1 and I need the wheel and loom ready for the challenges.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.  Remember those who have served our country.

My Dad, buried at Fort Custer National Cemetary
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs



9 comments:

  1. Thank you for another great party! Some day I'm going to try spinning. Have a great weekend and God Bless the USA!
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/05/off-hooksummer-shawl.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the goat! Have a wonderful weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get back to the wheel and the carder and the dyeing! Slowly slowly we're making plans, at least. (Dyeing with a toddler: kinda tricky.) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely long weekend! I can't wait to see your new batts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy this long weekend and thanks for reminding everyone to honor those who have served our country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to find motivation to work on projects, I can't blame other activities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look like it will be a gorgeous yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to check out this Nerd Wars thing. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete