Friday, January 17, 2014

Fiber Arts Friday - The Answer to the Ultimate Question in Life is...

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Written by a Fiber Arts Geek full of Wonder and fun ;-)  This week I solved the answer to the Ultimate Question in Life, The Universe and Everything...it's 42.  Ok, so I had a bit of help from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy but...I solved it ( or at  least knit it)

My Hitchhiker shawlette is complete.  It's complete with all 42 "teeth" and approximately 500 yards of yarn.

It took me 10 days to knit it...obsessively.

I currently have it blocking to let the 42 teeth get a bit more definition,  but it's done!

No other form of fiber arts was completed this week.  I was a knitting maniac.  So, knit this shawlette if you have a chance.  It's a lot of fun and a easy knit.  If you haven't read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, then you should.  I read it years ago and it still sticks with me.  Currently, I'm reading Book 5 in the Game of Thrones Series called a Dance with Dragons. I love this series but not for the faint of heart...the books are massive. I promised my daughter I would read Divergent series when I'm done.

Now share your adventures in Fiber Arts.  Next week, I will have some handspun yarn to share with you.  I neglected my wheel too much the last two weeks.
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs


11 comments:

  1. This was a wicked fun knit! GoT is getting the best of me..
    Divergent is next on my list, but am also reading The Giver with Meags. :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks amazing. Can't wait to see what it looks like once you've blocked it. I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put that song "Maniac" from "Flashdance" into my head. Can't wait to see those blocked teeth.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Hitchhiker is great! I made one, and it seemed to take foreeeevvvveeer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colours of your Hitchhiker, like nebula in the galaxy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hitchhiker looks super, I am a big fan of the books too. Not tried Game of Thrones yet, but it does sound good

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking the pup doesn't like to Hitchhike? LOL. Such a sweet goggie and love the shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo! Your hard work paid off - your Hitchhiker is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really cranked out that shawl in no time!

    ReplyDelete