Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 - A Wonderful Review

Whew!  2013 has come to a close and a new year has begun.  2013 was an amazing year of finding new techniques, improving one's I've struggled with along with meeting new people and buying new equipment to help in feeding the fiber arts addiction.

Here are the stats for 2013 including two projects I finished on New Year's Eve with mere hours before the end of the year.




Knitting:  I knit 2.33 Miles worth of yarn in 2013.
Hats: 6
Shawls: 2
Scarves: 0
Toys: 6
Socks: 3 (Yes, 3!  Jumps for joy in sassy handknit socks!)
Cowls: 4



I started this project Apri 2012 and it lay forgotten.
I finished it around 7pm on 12/31/13


Weaving:  Goodness, I didn't even dare attempt to calculate yardage.
Cowl: 2
Scarf: 12
Fabric to be sewn: 4 projects at 19 yards total with one garment completed

Spinning:  A grand total of 6.93 miles of yarn was spun.  Yikes!  This year was a record year for me spinning more consistent weight yarns too with a good chunk of my yarns being fingering weight or 3ply worsted weight yarns.


and more spinning...the Tour de Fleece spinning deserves it's own collection of photos.

Felting:  It appears I only felted one project this year.  The weaving bug took hold of my heart.

Fiber:  I lost count on how many pounds of yarn and fiber I dyed to created batts, roving and yarn.

Farm:  We had two cria born in our Alpaca herd, a total of six kids born to our goats Scarlet and Willow along with  the three stooges aka geese plus a few chickens.  E I E I O
We bought a new buck. His name is Storm.




All of our goat kids left the farm...on to new homes.
Izzie
Our two female Alpacas needed a mate.
This beautiful brown Suri was the perfect fit.
Phantom of Wonder and Nick Fury were born mid-June
This photo is from 12/28/13
They are growing into handsome young Alpacas
Soon they will be weened from their dams
They will begin halter training for 4H Competition

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, Grumpy, the Bears and all the Wonder animals! It was an incredible year for you. I of course love your spinning, and the weaving is also super. And the cowls and shawls - a gal's best friends, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a productive year you have had. Wishing you all the best for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful year you have had. Love the babies and other animals!! And always, adore your weaving! Maybe that should be my goal this year?

    ReplyDelete