Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP Wednesday - The Rockefeller, The Unexpected Journey

It's been awhile since I shared a project for WIP Wednesday.  I cast on the Stephen West Rockefeller shawl on October 1 for my Nerd Wars dissertation.  I'm already behind where I want to be with my knitting goals.  This was his mystery knit during the Summer so the first section I'm knitting was Clue 1.  I need to knit 31 sections and I'm only on the 17th.

I really wanted these two yarns together but wasn't sure how they would turn out.  Now that I've started to knit them together, I LOVE THEM!   This shawl will be for me.  After taking ten months to complete the last gift, I am knitting this for me.  The Orange yarn is Briar Rose Grandma's Blessing and the darker yarn is Team Precious by Tale and Tendril. Both yarns are a delight to work with.

It's going to be a process working on this shawl so I figured I'd update via WIP Wednesday and leave Fiber Arts Friday for my other projects.

7 comments:

  1. These yarns looks so nice together. I can't wait to see how they look together in clue 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I just clicked to enlarge that top photo and both yarns are absolutely lovely. It may be slow-going but it's going to be a work of art once it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those yarn colors!! It will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an intriguing pattern...can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pattern is super and the colours are looking fab

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would never have imagined those two would look so great together. wow. just wow.

    ReplyDelete