Friday, October 19, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Weaving

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Another week has passed which means I have lots of Fiber Arts Fun to share.  This week I've been on a weaving kick.  Actually the last few weeks have been productive on my small loom.  My large loom is still sulking in the corner but the cotton yarn on it just isn't calling out to me.  Instead I've been coming up with some new creations for the upcoming Holiday shows.

I've created a woven cowl using a mixture of my handspun yarn.

I've also created a couple of scarves using a variety of yarns. The Purple scarf with the yellow and turquoise stripes is sock yarn with stripes of handspun while the black scarf is my millspun Alpaca with a couple stripes of Metallic Rayon.  It's been nice working with different yarns and textures.

My knitting and spinning has been put on the back burner so that the loom and I can create items to sell plus we are really getting along right now.  Now share your adventures in Fiber Arts!
Fiber Arts Friday ! 


To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs



26 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love seeing your weaving, it looks so gorgeous. I really want a loom now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weaving is fantastic! I love your use of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your cowl. Great colors and your weaving is looking really nice. Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your scarves-but especially that moebius cowl-I still haven't mastered that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not seen anything woven like your black scarf before. That's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your weaving, they are beautiful! I want to learn!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. I don't really have any words for that -- gorgeous doesn't quite seem to do them justice. I'd backburner knitting too if I could make stuff that looked like that. Carry on! And happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I'm usually bored with black/grey items but I LOVE that scarf! Great contrast and texture. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cowl. All of my favorite colorways are there. I think it's the ultimate experience to make something from your own handspun.

    Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your weaving! One of these days, when I have more free time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. The (mostly) red weaving really caught my eye. It reminds me a lot of my husband's family tartan. Thanks for sharing your pictures, now I have an idea brewing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely weaving! That black scarf is too fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still haven't gotten my Cricket put together... I really wish you lived closer, I could use a weaving lesson! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your woven scarves; when you and loom are getting along, the results are really fabulous.

    Isn't that also the creative way of it - we go in spurts with a particular discipline or technique? I find one inspires others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful weaving! Everytime I see your weaving posts, I am inspired to start looking for a loom of my own! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing your beautiful weaving! The only problem is it makes me want to go out and buy a loom of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the blue with turquoise and yellow, such great colour combos

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love your weaving. You have such an eye for color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the purple/yellow/turquoise color mix!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! They are beautiful....I was looking at all the woven things yesterday at Rhinebeck and decided I needed something, but only one thing really called out to me, but I hesitated on it...maybe we could talk???

    ReplyDelete
  21. I forgot to come in and check until today! I love your weaving projects. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-8-and-rural.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete