Friday, October 26, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Trick or Treat

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Can you believe October is almost over and Halloween is almost here?  I've been busy still weaving up a storm yet still found some time to get some knitting done.

First, over at the Mama4Earth Group on Ravelry, Linda has started a Halloween KAL using many of her delightful patterns.  I have enjoyed her blog for a few years and always enjoy linking into her Creative Friday blog.  I decided that I would knit a couple of her patterns for this KAL with the first being her Witch's Hat.

 I am also going to knit her Cat pattern which will end up wearing this cute little hat although my Miniature Schnauzer, Lego, seems to look quite charming wearing it.  She has quite a few adorable patterns that are free along with some really fun patterns you can purchase.  So...check out her Ravelry group and join in the KAL fun while supporting a fellow blogger.


As promises, here is my newest woven scarf.  I'm calling it Hobbit Hole.  It ended up being one of my Nerd Wars submissions.  I actually managed to get all six challenges done for this round.  I've already listed it in my Etsy Shop of Wonder.


I have to say, that all of my weaving has left my spinning wheel a bit lonely.  I did manage to get some plying done the other day...and a sneak peak of Munchkin in his Halloween bat costume waiting for me to begin spinning again.  It's amazing how even a collar with bat wings can drive a dog batty.  Now, share your adventures in Fiber arts.

Fiber Arts Friday ! 

To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs



21 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cute Halloween doggie. If you got him to sit still long enough for a picture that's an accomplishment. Your woven piece is such a pretty color and the weaving looks very nice. Have a spooky weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Munchkin is pretty seems a good sport. :) Love the Hobbit Hole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scarf!!

    The batty puppy is adorable! I wonder if my puppy would allow such things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous scarf!

    Been too busy with other stuff to have any fiber adventures of my own, but I'll be back to it soon. I miss it when there's no time.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little witch's hat! And your woven scarf is really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda does have some fun patterns.

    Your scarf looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful scarf, I love the idea of weaving. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, I love Linda's patterns too, I'll have to check it out. Your woven scarf if gorgeous, those are great colors! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OhMyBob - what idignities for the dog, but great for us!!!! That witches' hat is just too cute. And I love your weaving - that scarf turned out just super.

    And in terms of film - you'd be surprised just how much film is still out there (I know I was). I also like the immediacy of my cell phone camera, but I continue to love my film. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor pup! I am thinking my dogs will be a ref and football player this year. But then, I usually wait to the last minute and can't find anything to fit them! Love the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful weaving!!! :) Sadly, we have no fiber to report today, but we DO have a fabulous doggy giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am lovin' your scarf. The deep purples are just beautiful. I always love to see puppies in costume. We have a kitty and she is having nothing to do with any kind of costume!
    You do such great work. Way to go one getting all of your challenges done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha--Adorable animal Halloween costumes! Where do you find the time/energy, my friend?!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I <3 your dog! Beautiful.
    What a pretty woven scarf. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That scarf is gorgeous, love the colors. And the hat is so cute, especially on your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm amazed the little hat stays on your dog's head without a strap, or at least I can't see one in the pictures. My pups would shake it right off, and in Emma's case, try to eat it. so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute hat, it looks adorable on Lego. The scarf is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. That scarf is exactly Raven's Purple ... which I see a lot of around Baltimore this time of year. As always, your weaving is lovely!

    ReplyDelete