Saturday, September 15, 2012

World Wide Spin in Public Day 2012

Today was WWSIP day!








I spent the morning at Sister Bear's Cross Country meet then I met up with friends at Your Local Yarn Shop for an afternoon of spinning on my drop spindle and weaving on my Cricket loom.  I got quite a bit done on both spindles.


On my new top whorl made by Ken Ledbetter, I finally had to change the shaft because it was getting heavy and my spin wasn't as nice.  It was amazing to see the difference with the new shaft on.  I love that I don't have to wind off onto a dowel before starting up again.
















I also worked on my Trindle some more.  I really do like how it spins.  The shop got pretty busy for awhile and during the wait to get yarn wound up into cakes, the customers were enjoying the entertainment of watching me and my friend Terri, spin on our spindles.

I definitely enjoy spinning on the spindle more now than I used to.  These spindles just make it so much more enjoyable.


5 comments:

  1. Somehow I always miss spin in public day.

    Sounds like much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great day. The spindle with a detachable shaft is a brilliant idea, I am quite tempted to track one down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a beautiful sunny day for a track meet!

    I love to spindle spin best, but I ply on the wheel. It's just too much temptation for the cats when I ply otherwise ... all that yarn flying around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of that trindle, and the detachable shaft is just so cool. Now I'm going to be on the look out for those :)

    ReplyDelete