Friday, August 31, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - There and Back Again

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Every week blogging fiber artists share their adventures in knitting, spinning, weaving, crochet, felting and so much more.  It's my favorite time of the week!  Now, what are you waiting for?  Share your adventures...

This week I am updating you my Walking on Sunshine socks.  They were supposed to be finished on Tuesday because that was the end of Tournament 5 in Nerd Wars.  Alas, they aren't done.  I am past the after-thought heel but nowhere near the toe.  Argh!  Apparently I attempted to accomplish too much during this tournament.  My goal is to have them completed by the end of the weekend then I vow, NO MORE SOCKS for awhile.  Seriously, don't tempt me with beautiful yarns and patterns.  I need a break from tiny needles ;-)

So, you know what I'll be doing this Labor Day weekend, I'll be laboring over my sock.
On a final note, Brother Bear is learning how to milk Willow.  I had so much fun watching him interact with Grumpy last night.  What a perfect Father and Son moment.

 Now, share your adventures in Fiber Arts!

Fiber Arts Friday !

To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs



17 comments:

  1. Love the colour combination of your socks, such rich and vibrant autumn colours. And it looks like a fun pattern too. Good luck with finishing the pair and have a nice weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now, I personally like your color choice for the socks :) The pattern looks tricky! No wonder why they are going slow. Good luck and hope you're able to finish them up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are awesome! You'll get them done, sometimes life gets in the way of hobby. Love the goat picture. It's great that your younguns are interested in the animals. Best education a child can have is how to care for animals. They'll be more aware of how they treat other folks too for their lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful socks. I have only made a few and have bunches of sock yarn I keep debating about what to do with them.....other than socks. I should just use them as they're intending, but I am not a fan of the little needles either.

    Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, that pattern looks like it would go slow. But they sure are fun looking socks.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...but Andrea, you make such beautiful socks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to chuckle at your no more socks comment. I just bought a new knitting book...all socks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those socks are looking awesome!

    ...there are a lot of unfinished Nerd Wars projects. ;) Like my dissertation...

    ReplyDelete
  9. No more socks? You'll get no complaint from this corner. (although that color combo does rock). But don't give me flack about my block creation speed, Miss I'm-Nowhere-Near-The-Toe-Of-The-Sock Wonder Why Gal. :)

    And when I saw that too-sweet photo of Brother Bear, Grumpy and Willow, I instantly thought of two things: (1) yeah, goat's milk cheese!, and (2) you really do need to provide us with a better photo of Grumpy (this one is just slightly better than the first one). :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the socks this weekend. It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know these are alot of work, but they are really beautiful and the colors are striking! Would love to see the finished project when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so over knitting deadlines... they make it no fun, lol :) Have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. More socks! Yeah! Have a great weekend...I will also be working on socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too shall spend Labor Day Weekend laboring over knitting ... seems appropriate.

    I've always heard goats are difficult to handle ... I hope that isn't true!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your socks are looking great, I will cheer for you getting them done:)

    Lovely to see new skills being passed down

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, am a bit late but only came across you yesterday and enjoyed visiting the other participants.
    Don't do stuff every week but am sure I will be back to contribute and visit more now.
    thanks for sharing
    martine

    ReplyDelete