Friday, August 24, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Did you say Spin?

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Knit, Spin, Weave, Crochet, Felt, Sew, Quilt, Embroider...the list is endless.  If it's about fiber arts, we want you to share.  Fridays are my favorite day of the week because all of my fiber friends join in to share their adventures in Fiber Arts.  Join in the fun!

Last week I was at the Michigan Fiber Festival.  I took a couple of classes, was a vendor and managed to get some shopping in.

I had a budget that was quickly spent but on items that I really have wanted.  Over the last few years, my Tour de Fleece team has had an amazing spinner who is a rock star on the Trindle.  I have wanted one with hopes that my spinning will look as awesome as hers.  Maybe?  Maybe with a lot of practice.

I also have been wanted the Ken Ledbetter Drop Spindle which has interchangeable shafts.  He was featured in the last issue of Spin Off Magazine and low and behold, one of the vendors had a handful of his spindles.  I picked up this lovely spindle and my friend, GranniSue, got one too.  Isn't it beautiful?

I also found a set of lovely buttons.  We always need buttons on hand, right?

Finally, I am stalled across from Coby Kopec and I simply adore her and her amazing colors.  I have had this colorway on my favorites for a long time so I had to get it after spending a weekend of drooling over the braid.  Seriously, BFL and Silk is a must have!

So those are my new lovelies to adore.  I also had an opportunity to demonstrate spinning with members of the Spinner's Study Group through the Weavers Guild of Kalamazoo, of which I belong.  We all demonstrated different spinning techniques and taught a few people how to spin.  I managed to create these three yarns during the week...they'll end up for sale since I need to pay for all of my new purchases ;-)



I love sharing my passion for fiber arts.  Now, share yours!  Join in the fun.  Remember to leave comments.  All of us who link in love to have feedback, comments and visitors.

FINALLY:  I have been having issues with commenting on blogs due to word verification.  If you don't get a comment from me, it's not that I couldn't read, it's because I have no patience with word verification.  I have been blogging for a few years and never had issues...


Fiber Arts Friday !

To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs


19 comments:

  1. Love the new spoils! The spindles are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very nice festival, I'm so glad you had a great weekend. Your spindle is beautiful and I'm covetous of your Trindle, Emily got one too. I'll have to give one a try one of these days. Happy Fiber Arts Friday, thank you for hosting this great collection of creative peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those yarns are lovely. The spindles are nice too.

    I dislike word verification too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you had a good time at the festival. You're not supposed to spend all your profits though LOL.

    That spindle is SO pretty! I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my trindle! Spins forever!!!! I picked up turquoise skulls for my bead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love your new spindles, and did you spin your lovely yarn on the spindles or on a wheel? Wish I could spin like that one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a fruitful and productive week. Love your new spindles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea - love that new spindle with the interchangeable parts! And while I love all of your spinning, that bottom skein is just amazing. Great.Colorway.

    I'm glad you got to shop at the festival. A gal's gotta check out everybody else's stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely purchases, the spindles are gorgeous. Hope the show went well for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful yarns... esp that last one! That spindle is gorgeous, as are the buttons! Happy FaF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! How did I miss the handspun? It's beautiful and especially the last one. Is it one you dyed? Do I already have one of those batts? I better go look because that's super pretty. The Saint is home and resting comfortably now. Maybe I can get some knitting done :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My link is not posting here, so maybe there is something wrong with blogger today. Your new spindle is beautiful! I wonder if it's the same vendor at Stitches West, they had the most wonderful wood spindle with glass inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun! I love those buttons. Want. Want.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful spindle and fibers. Love the buttons and all the different yarns. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your new acquisitions! I'm on the fence about a trindleman though. Love KL's. Have you tried a Forrester?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boy, your new spindles are beautiful - I wish I could spin - one day! The yarn you created is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I apologize to everyone whose post I didn't reply on. It's not for lack of trying. I have tried commenting via Google and Mozilla and Word Verification won't let me post. Hopefully it will be posted for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad it was a good festival.....congrats on the new purchases....I love that last yarn..seems like it has many fans! and yeah word verification sucks...and mini-rant..if you have word verification, why do you also have moderation on too? Makes no sense!

    ReplyDelete
  19. (Delayed comment, I'm being trounced by life and have fallen quite behind on blog reading.)I suspect that I may know whose trindling you are referring to :-)

    And as with all things it's totally just time. I wish my wheel spinning was half as awesome as yours.

    ReplyDelete