Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Vacation Time in Michigan

We took a long weekend get-away and enjoyed Petoskey and Charlevoix, Michigan.  It was absolutely beautiful up there.  They are about 4.5 hours North of our farm and right on the upper part of Lake Michigan.









Grumpy and the Bears enjoyed hiking and swimming at the beach while I had a booth at the Castle Farms Fiber Arts Show. Castle Farms is simply gorgeous!  The grounds and gardens are super beautiful.

We had some amazing neighbors help take care of the farm so we could sneak away for the weekend and I am thankful for them.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lovely weekend. Michigan is so beautiful in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely break. Looks really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures - it's so nice to have a weekend away. Castle Farms looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, if you are working, you are NOT vacationing. You need to take some time off too! Castle Gardens looks lovely. Hope you had time to enjoy it and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics!!! :) Hey, we've got a book giveaway going on this week - make sure you wag on over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a beautiful place! I'm glad you had a chance to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OhMyBob, love those chess pieces and the shots of the lake. The Great Lakes are just an amazement to me - the first time I saw Lake Michigan my jaw dropped. I'd love to see it from that side.

    And I'm with Linda - you worked, so no "real" vacation, although I'm grateful for you that you had help with the farm. Vacations are very difficult when you're tied to land and animals, so I suspect this actually felt like a vacation to you. :)

    ReplyDelete