Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tour de Fleece - Day 9

I am getting a better handle on chain plying. I decided to try it with two bobbins of yarn I spun earlier this week. Originally I was going to work my standard 2-ply yarn but I do love how the 3-ply works so...that's what I did.
I ended up with 128 yards out of 3.6oz to get this 3-ply yarn.  I'm calling it Boys of Summer because the Alpaca fiber came from Midnight Magic's Mystery, Buddy, SpinSanity and Romeo.  I added some dyed silk and Angelina to finish off the yarn.  I have to admit, the Navajo Ply is definitely easier when you are working with a thinner fiber.

After I spent time plying this morning, I spent the rest of the day at the fairgrounds helping my daughter's 4H Group get the Alpacas and Chickens set up.  It's going to be a busy week here between farm chores and 4H festivities...plus that thing called work.  Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment