Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tour de Fleece 2012 - Day 7 and 8

Two days...two hot days but I managed to ply two of my yarns.  The first was my basic 2 ply yarn and the second was my first ever successful Navajo Ply yarn which gave me a three ply yarn.  I am super excited how it turned out.  It's not even and there are a few spots that went wonky but, as a whole, it is fabulous.  I am definitely going to keep practicing it so that I can start adding more variety to my handspun.

Lots of spinning...the only green my farm seems to have in this drought is this yarn.  Yikes!



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful yarns, Congratulkations on cracking the new technique. I love plying yarn with itself, avoids leftover singles

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I hope you are staying cool enough over there in Michigan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful yarn!

    Everyone I've talked to who has done the Navajo Ply loves it. So far I haven't ventured to do it, yet.

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with Navajo ply but keep trying. Andean plying is a different story...literally had to have my mil cut me out of the mess I made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you make these photo collages? I would like to be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I downloaded the free Picasa program. It's easy to use and you can do quite a bit with it.

      Delete
  6. Nice job! I commend you as I don't want to touch yarn in this heat...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful yarn! Are those with your kool-aid dyed wool from the other day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink is. The green is actually from a batt I created last autumn called squash.

      Delete