Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tour de Fleece 2012 - Day 5

Happy 4th of July!

Have I mentioned that I really  don't like mid-week holidays.  Yes, I had today off but tomorrow I have to return to work.  It will be like Monday all over again.  I didn't dare sleep in because I don't want to mess up tomorrows waking.   Blech!

We didn't make any plans so we spent the day swimming because the temps hit 100 degrees and making sure the barn stayed cool. I managed to ply the Mint Green Yarn that I spun the other day. 1.9 oz for a total of 94 yards 2ply. Alpaca/Silk/Angelina. This is another yarn that I will using with the 4H group next week at fair.

I also spun another bobbin from my Alpaca Batt which I'm calling The Boys of Summer.  It's another Alpaca/Silk/Angelina blend from fiber donated by Mystery, Buddy, Spinny and Romeo.    I now need to decide if I want to create my usual 2ply yarn or if I want to creat a 3 ply.  I really want to learn how to  Navajo ply but not sure if this is the yarn to try it with.  Then again, having a good yarn might be the inspiration I need.  That will be a task for another day though.

So, Day 5 of the Tour de Fleece is winding down.  I sure hope the temperature outside does too.

I hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment