Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tour de Fleece 2012 - Day 12

Whew!  It's mid-week already and after Day 11 of the Tour de Fleece being the day of rest, I don't feel very rested.  I used my day of rest to catch up on some much needed knitting that has been neglected, my socks. I didn't get anywhere near where I wanted to be but I did think about what I want to spin next.


For Day 12 I worked on Core Spinning from an Alpaca Art Batt I created on my drum carder.  It's Alpaca with a blend of Silk, Silk Noil and Angelina.  I thought I had added a lot of bling but once I spun it up, I realized that it's nowhere near the amount of "art" that I see other fiber artists add.  I had considered adding some Saori Silk and I considered adding some fabric...maybe I should have.  I'm still too conservative.


I still am not spinning the coils the way I want but I am getting closer...I think.

I also took advantage of the slightly cooler weather and bred Mystery to Sprite.  The breeding from last year didn't take and she remains open.  I've sold their first offspring, Sweet Petunia, and would love create another beautiful Huacaya like her so...hopefully their little session took.

No comments:

Post a Comment