Sunday, July 29, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...where did the time go?  A few weeks ago, Kathryn over at Kathryn's Brain Blog awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award.  I have been awful about remembering to officially respond so...tonight I will.

Kathryn and I have been following each other's blogs for a couple of years now and our mutual love of the Alpaca Farm Life and Fiber Arts have shown through our responses to each other's blogs.  Even though we live in different parts of the United States, I feel like she is a dear friend.  It's amazing how much you can learn about someone when you read their thoughts on a weekly basis.  Seriously, we probably communicate with each other more than we do our "closest" friends.  So, in the spirit of accepting this award which also lets you get to know me a wee bit better, I am going to answer the following questions.

1.  Show your thanks - Kathryn, you are a rock star!  Thank you for always being  a part of Fiber Arts Friday and an active member of the Team of Wonder.

2.  Share seven things about yourself -

  • I say that I don't know how to sew but I am fully capable of doing it and have in the past.  I just don't life fiddling with having to thread the bobbins or the machine itself.
  • I really am impatient.  I don't care if it is a virtue, I want what I want when I want it.
  • I really am obsessive about fiber arts and my farm.  I seriously can't believe that I waited so long to learn how to knit, spin, weave and felt.  I am always thinking about new projects.
  • I really thought I would be a writer of sorts professionally.  My degree is in Organizational Communications but Journalism has always been an emphasis.  Currently, my only outlet to write is this blog and a column in the Fiberline E-Mag.
  • I get choked up when I hear the Star Spangled Banner played...every single time.
  • I break out in song from various musicals at any given time.
  • Finally, I'm not 29 nor have I been for quite some time.


3.  Name a bunch of blogs you wish to nominate (seriously, 15 is way too many)

  • I wish to nominate all of my regular visitors and contributors to Fiber Arts Friday.  We have become quite the little family of fiber artists and I look forward to reading all of your adventures each week.  Thank you for always visiting my blog and leaving wonderful comments.  I truly hope I inspire you as much as you have inspired me. 


4.  Contact the Bloggers and let them know that you have nominated them.


2 comments:

  1. It's funny, but I think you're right. I check in with you more than my closest friends. :-)

    I also get choked up by the Star Spangled Banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We *are* a band of fiberistas aren't we? :)

    I look forward to reading your installments about life ... on the farm or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete