Friday, July 27, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Triple Crown

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Whew, can you believe it's another Friday already?  Did you knit, spin, weave, crochet, felt, sew, quilt, cross-stitch?  What did you do? Well, this week I'm going to be all over the place because as anyone who has read my blog for awhile knows...I'm a wee bit addicted to Fiber Arts.   So...I'm going to talk about horses.  Seriously?  Not really, but I got your attention.  Well, maybe ;-)

In horse racing or more specifically, Thoroughbred racing there is a term called Triple Crown.  It's an accomplishment that few horses and their riders achieve when they can win all three of the main races.  Er, that may be the most knowledge I have of horses gathered from various movies.  I'm an Alpaca gal not or horse person so I'll relate it as I know it.

I am on my way to achieving my own Triple Crown of Fiber Arts.  I am currently in Tournament 5 of Nerd Wars where I am competing on Team Precious for the second time.  I just finished the Tour de Fleece where I spun my July away with the Team of Wonder - THE Alpaca Fiber Lovin' Team which I created three years ago and our team has just grown to a fabulous group of spinners and finally, tonight, when the Olympic Torch officially gets lit, I will start my projects for two different teams on the Ravellenics on Ravelry (FKA as Ravelympics but due to politics with the real Olympics we had to change our name --Grrrr) by knitting and spinning for Team Nerd Wars and Team Knitting Dead.  Seriously, I am gluten for Fiber Arts Overload.  Heck no!  There can't be such a thing...is there?

The final days of the TdF!

I finished my MOVING TARGET socks!  I am super pleased with these.  They met the requirement for my 50% Dissertation in Nerd Wars so now I need to knit a second pair.  It took me from June 10 until July 24 to complete. I am going to attempt to knit the second pair for "The Games" as part of Sock Put but I think I may be a wee bit ambitious.  Regardless, it will motivate me to work on them.
So, I took a day or so off to gather my wits before I cast on my next pair of socks tonight during opening ceremonies.  The next two weeks are going to be insane but I don't think I could operate any other way.  I'll be taking a short break from spinning and will concentrate on my sock knitting.  Now, share your adventures in Fiber Arts.  Are you going to participate in Ravellenics?

Fiber Arts Friday !

To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs

27 comments:

  1. Your socks are amazing!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, your knitting and spinning both are looking great! I envy your energy and enthusiasm for your craft. It's been fun to watch your skills improve with each project that you take on. You're truly amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely socks. They remind me of those maze books, which my son used to love. I wonder if anyone has knitted a maze sock?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the coolest socks! I love the colors and especially the movement in the targets. I'm truly impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your TDF stash is inspirational. I must look into taking part with you all next year :)
    And I love those socks ... so fun x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Andrea! I have some plans for Ravellenic projects, but I haven't really committed to a team (or a plan).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Moving Target socks are unbelievable! Wow! I am so blown away by their fabulousness!

    Every week I am so impressed by your commitment to your fiber arts.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy indeed! Love those socks, they look great! and good luck with your Ravellenics events :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your socks!! Good luck on your Triple Crown of Fiber Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous everything, TDF spinning, knitted socks, everything! I really missed spinning with you and the team during TDF, I was with you in spirit though. Hugs all around the the amazing Team of Wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the socks. They looks so awesome. The pattern is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  12. A pair of socks in two weeks? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome socks, Andrea!! They remind me of the Greek Key cowl you made for me!! XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wait, we get a triple crown for this?? HAHA!! I'm going to earn one, too, then! Thanks to TdF, I even melted the cube in NW this month - I've only done that once before in the more than a year that I've been playing.

    Looking forward to seeing your Ravellenic Games accomplishments. I'm attempting something I'll almost certainly fail...not even sure why... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you have been busy with all the fibrey activities! Love the socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy cow, woman! That's a whole lotta fiber! Your socks are lovely, and I'd say you have a great shot at cranking out a second pair over the next 17 days -- they always go faster the second time. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OhMyBob, Andrea - is that the entirety of your spinning from the TdF in the main mosaic pic? Holy spindle!!!!!! And I do love the colorwork on those socks - well done.

    Have a good fair this weekend ... and take pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you are one busy woman!!! You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. AWESOME socks! I think I could just spend hours tracing through the mazes on my feet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The socks are great! I love the color combo and the pattern is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the socks! You are invited to share this with Show Your Stuff blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/07/show-your-stuff-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel like such a slacker knitter compared to you! Wow! I haven't done anything challenging in a long time. I love the socks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't know what's more impressive---those beautiful and complex socks (great colours!), or your insane TdF yield. You are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay for fiber arts overload! Your socks look absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You spinning and socks look great. I will cheer for you working on your second pair

    ReplyDelete