Friday, July 20, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Almost to the Finish Line

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  This is the last Friday in the Tour de Fleece.  Have you been busy spinning yarn?  Are you still in your spinning groove or are you losing wind?  Have you been keeping up with the Tour de France?  Me?  Well, I am just hitting my spinning stride.  This year for the Tour de Fleece, I didn't work so much on how many skeins I could spin but what new kinds of yarn I could spin and also higher yardage.

I think I succeeded with a variety of new Textured Yarns thanks to the inspiration from Jacey Boggs Spin Art book.  I finally got the hang of how to Navajo Ply so now I am on a three ply yarn kick.  I experimented with some new fiber prep techniques and I truly enjoyed myself with my Team of Wonder.  We have had a lot of fun on Ravelry chatting and sharing our spinning photos.




I started the Tour de Fleece blogging every day but since last Friday, I've slacked off.  I must say that it's hard to keep up blogging when your free time after work, barn chores, family time, etc is spent spinning yarn.  Once the Tour de Fleece is over, I need to get serious about finishing my socks (which I have been knitting at lunch) so I can complete those for Nerd Wars.  Now, share your adventures in Fiber Arts!

Fiber Arts Friday ! To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs


17 comments:

  1. I have been watching the Tour de France. There is British interest this year which is quite unusual. It always reminds me of when I was expecting my first, and for the last two weeks all I seemed to have the energy for was watching the cycling. We did briefly consider naming him Lance, after Lance Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea--I'm always rather shocked when you sneak in these 'naughty alpaca' photos! I guess I'm just a city girl at heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yarns are looking great! Kudos for hanging in with the TdF. I love your collages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Tour progress! I've managed my goal of spinning every day and turned out a good bit of yarn to boot so it's been fun to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your yarns, especially the turquoise one, such beautiful colours! ... just linked my first FAF post, I'm so excited :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've watched a bit of the Tour de France....congrats on what you have done so far..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe we're almost done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are the top and bottom mosaics the Navajo ply? I do love that color combo.

    And I was so focused on the fiber I completely missed the shot regarding Heather's comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are slacking off on blogging? I still have no idea how you manage to do all the things you do!

    Love the alpaca pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great that you enjoyed it so much... and produced such beautiful yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a really cool week creating, many thnaks for your feedback,cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing your tour de fleece pics. So inspiring. The bluey-green is lush! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That navaho ply sure is pretty and shiny. I bet it is really soft.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That gorgeous blue yarn in the picture with Mr. Tumnus looks heavenly ... like the planet Neptune!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful spinning as always. I am impressed that you manage to fit so much in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your yarns and the Tour de fleece looks fantastic! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stopping by to say Hi from the blog hop. Come visit sometime, tea is cold and no shoes are required. Kathy B. http://www.southernmadeintheshade.blogspot.com new follower

    ReplyDelete