Monday, May 28, 2012

The heat is on...

It has been another hot weekend here on the farm.  The fans have been in use quite a bit already this Spring and the Alpacas have already had a few belly baths to keep them cool.  Today I got the sprinkler out for them to play in.

 Most of the boys ignored the sprinkler because Grumpy had mowed the back pastures early in the day so they wanted fresh grazing but a couple of the boys enjoyed the sprinkler and the pool.

Wonder and Why
We also had a fun evening with our new goslings who are growing super fast.  Sister Bear and Brother Bear had a blast getting to know Wonder and Why.
My new most favorite photo of my children





Our little Robins are out of the nest.  I don't know if they are now in the Maple tree with Mama Robin or where they went but I haven't seen them in a few days.  I hope the barn cats didn't get them.  It seems like they were just little blue eggs.

Finally, I want to thank every person who has served our country in time of war and peace.   

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
J.R.R. Tolkien  , The Hobbit

 






7 comments:

  1. Oh, it does look like those alpacas are having a high time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that alpaca's liked to play in the pool?!? The pics are a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a kiddie pool. greatest invention ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been having a very hot week over here too. Very cute alpaca pics and lovely photos of the kids and geese

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your farm pictures! The alpacas playing in the sprinkler is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you all had a good holiday - and the alpacas playing the water, how funny! I, too, also love that photo of the bears and the goslings. I see you're also having fun with your photo app. :)

    Hope it cools down soon!

    ReplyDelete