Friday, May 18, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Show Prep

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday.  Share your Fiber Arts Adventures!  Knit, Spin, Weave, Felt, Crochet, Sew, Quilt, Embroidery, Cross-stitch, Mixed Media....oh, there is so many possibilities where we can create. Please read all of the blogs that have linked in and also post your adventures in Fiber Arts so we can learn from you.

This week I've been busy with shop updates so if you haven't visited my Etsy Shop of Wonder recently, you should check it out.  Tomorrow is the Michigan Fiber Fiesta where I will be a vendor.  I will be debuting my new Avengers Alpaca Batts along with some other great themed batts from Lord of the Rings, Walking Dead and True Blood.  I've got a lot more ideas brewing so look for some great colorways to come.


Besides spending my Fiber Arts time working at my drum carder this week, I also spun this yarn.  Just shy of 400 yards, approximately 6oz of a Merino/Tencel blend names Teresa dyed by CJKoho.  The other ply is a mixture of three colorways in my Suri Roving line: Kaboom, Haze and Pedro.

Finally, I have been watching a Robin's nest the last month or so and the eggs finally hatched the other day.  The little Robins are now hungry for Mama Robin to bring them food.  She won't let me photograph her.  She hides in my Maple tree and hops just behind a leaf when she sees my camera.  I saw a worm in her mouth so I quickly got away from the nest so she could feed her young.  I sure do love Spring.

Now, share your adventures in Fiber Arts!

Fiber Arts Friday Blog Carnival!
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
  1. Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!  (That's my blog) 
  2. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these Wonderful Blogs:





19 comments:

  1. Lively colors you've got there!Must be so much fun to creat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love baby birds :)

    Your fibre looks gorgeous. Once I get better at spinning I'm gonna have to buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What super batts, Andrea!! I hope you will have a spectacularly successful fiber fiesta (and that you'll get to spend some of your earnings on other wonderful fiber products, as well!!) XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad that I won't see you this weekend. I hope you have a successful time at Fiber Fiesta. Those batts are awesome and fun. That handspun looks super soft, comforting colors. I'm sure you'll see a few of my peeps this weekend. See you at MFF though, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those batts are amazing! What a splendid explosion of color!
    Have a great show this weekend! Let us know how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering which show you were prepping for, since there seems to be two this weekend! Have fun selling batts that will protect the planet. :) I love the green/purple combo.

    And on e-mags: I agree about justifying magazines taking up space and gathering dust, but I think I'm going to need to get some sort of e-reader, because I don't really like reading things on my computer monitor. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your color schemes... and especially the yarns. Wow! Have fun this weekend. I hope your sales are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to start to name my colours with names my boys think are cool because my son actually said the other day "knitting is for girls, but spool knitting is manly" ha ha ha. Imagine if he was spool knitting with "walking dead" yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, "Avengers" colourways! I'd love to see how they spin up and knit up. The idea is awesome. Good luck at the Fiber Fiesta! Have fun and sell lots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I want ALL that fiber, it's gorgeous! I hope you have a great Fair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Look at those bright colors!!

    Have a great show this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your rovings look yummy. Hope you have a great show on Saturday. Sorry I'll miss it....didn't think about these things when I agreed to work Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely batts, hope the show goes well

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love spring too! That fiber is just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors of those batts, and the names of course :-) Good luck at the show this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors... so pretty!!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colors in your Avenger set look awesome! We have a robin's nest outside our kitchen window. Last spring we got to watch a robin family. This year a new family hasn't claimed the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful yarn - going to go and check out your Etsy site!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, good luck and have fun at the fair!

    ReplyDelete