Friday, April 27, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Much to do

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Join in the fun we have here every week by visiting everyone who has linked in their Fiber Arts blogs and make sure to share your own adventure.

This has been a busy week for me attempting to complete the last of my Round 3 Nerd Wars submissions for Tournament 4.  I've created a few projects to submit but have no clue which challenges they should go with.  I also took yesterday off to have a Yarn Quest.  My friend Terri and I visited eight yarn shops here in Michigan.  I will save that adventure for next week because there is still too much to process from all the fun I had.  Instead, I am sharing the Zombie Killer Slouch Hat that I knitted using my handspun yarn.

I have been wanting knit something using my coiled yarn for some time but didn't find a project that would fit.  I decided that a simple slouch hat would do the trick.  I let the coils "loop" on themselves between stitches to created a "bobble" effect.  I'm very pleased with the result.

The photos are of the hat on my styrofome head because the yarn still isn't dry.  Hopefully in the next few days I will share my other yarns I've spun for Nerd Wars.  I've had issues with the new Blogger update and I'm not very pleased with how it's letting us read other blogs or post.  Argh!  I guess that's another adventure I'll have figuring that update out.  Now, share your adventures in Fiber Arts.
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:


  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs






33 comments:

  1. Andrea--Coiled yarn is soooo cool!! (I'm impressed!) I just love the wild hat and its riot of color!!
    Well done, you! XXO--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought your viewers might like my wool felt vest,cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hat, the yarn is really cool. Love the colours and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that hat, it turned out so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you getting so artistic with your handspun! I love the colors and that style of hat is appealing in so many ways. Can't wait to hear all about your yarn quest. Quite a few peeps from GR Yarnies did the quest and they had such a good time. Have a great week Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hat, I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-your-stuff-21-sloppy-dave-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great yarn! I just love the colours and how it knit up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice hat.

    I'm still finding my way around the new blogger but I can't say that I'm having trouble reading blogs, other than yours (it seems to want to put the text over the background image and red text on a red background isn't easy to read), or posting pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I pulled it up here at work and it loads fine. I wonder if there was a glitch in the system or something.

      Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  9. I've been wondering what a nice chunky art yarn would look like in a hat-Love it! I hope to try that pattern soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few other patterns I want to mess with. In almost all of the spinning books, they are using crochet patterns or super huge needles for the knit. The next hat I make, I will use more slip stitches so the coils lay flat.

      Delete
  10. Wowsa!! Love how the hat turned out. Can't wait to hear about your "Quest" experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eight yarn shops in one day? That is serious dedication!
    I love your hat. It looks like you found the perfect pattern for your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that hat looks like a whole lotta fun!!

    Your yarn quest sounds like a lot of fun too.

    I agree with Richard... I haven't noticed any real changes with blogger recently... but there is something going on with your background... like it isn't fully loading. So the text is difficult to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is odd. I pulled up my blog up here at work and it loads fine. I remember ages ago there was an issue too.

      Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  13. I love your art yarn hat! I really need to get the Jacey Boggs book and dvd - I've seen some seriously awesome art yarns lately, and it's giving me the itch to spin.

    Don't even get me started on blogger.... but, it makes me feel so old that I don't want to figure out any new technology :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Andrea, I cannot believe how beautiful that handspun is! OhMyBob. I also cannot wait to hear about the yarny antics - that sounded like good fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The hat is fabulous, I LOVE FUNKY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That hat is so whimsical and fun! Loved the way it knit up, smashing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blogger scheduler quit on me and my postings are not published until I manually push them out, which makes me late every week. I do wish they'd stop changing things already!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool hat, I am never sure what to use art yarns for but this is a great project. Looking forward to your yarn crawl story, eight shops sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the hat. The colors and texture just are so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, I had issues getting on your blog. The link wasn't working for me. I am going to try again tomorrow.

      Delete
  20. That hat is so darn fun. I LOVE it! It's spunky. AND YOU SPUN THE YARN YOURSELF. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm seeing the same red-text-on-red-background, Andrea. Just FYI :-)

    I am going to go check out that Zombie hat pattern. That is JUST what I need to fight all the Baltimore zombies ... I love your version! It looks like perfect use for handspun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it fixed. Hot Bliggety Blog decided that I needed to renew my background. All should be good now.

      Delete
    2. Just realized I hadn't finished reading all of the FAF posts... your background is all good now. :-)

      Delete
  22. Best. Hat. Ever. The textures and colours are a complete technicolour dream! Such a good use of that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The hat's a perfect vehicle for such fun yarn! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh, that hat is awesome!!!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete