Friday, March 23, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Spring, sweet Spring

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Wowza!  Another week has flew by with record breaking temperatures and the hustle and bustle of Spring.  I've been busy finishing up my last few projects for this round of Nerd Wars on Ravelry which includes some weaving, spinning and knitting.  I had hoped to share my blocked cowl but I haven't got it back today.  Maybe tonight? 



First I am going to share the progress of my Tuck Shawl. I know it looks awfully tiny in this photo but it actually measures from the middle of my back to my wrist without blocking.  I am just over the halfway point which is good since it's almost the end of march and I need to have it completed before the end of April for Nerd Wars.

There really wasn't that much for cables either.  Although the pattern is a bazillion pages long (36), it really isn't terribly complicated.  It's more about me keeping my concentration so I don't miss something.  So...I'll keep knitting away at it.  Now I'm on the decrease so it should start moving fast again.  Hopefully the left side will look like the right.
Finally, I am going to share with you a photo from the Elton John concert I went to on Wednesday night.  The concert was amazing!  Sir Elton John is a true performer and really gave us a phenomenal show.  Three hours with no intermission which included all of his greatest hits plus so much more. I LOVED whenever the cameras would focus on his hands and we could watch them fly across the piano.  I've always held piano players in much higher esteem than other musicians, maybe because I have always struggled with my piano playing talent so when I see one that can truly make that instrument come alive, I am excited.  Now, share your adventures in Fiber Arts.

Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:

  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs

20 comments:

  1. Spring has sprung here in Wisconsin, too. I like your shawl so far-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, Andrea, I can't wait to see that shawl blocked out. I really like the color, it would look great with a pair of dark denim jeans and a white shirt. Elton does put on a great show. I was surprised he was playing such a small venue. It's great that you got to see him live. He came to the arena quite a few years ago and I got to see him then. He certainly is Captain Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern sounds crazily long, but it's looking gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, re: your comment on my blog, want to do a swap? 2 skeins of your Cascade for something from my stash? I can send photos for you to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like how the shawl is coming along. Looks like you had a good time at the concert

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shawl looks likes it is coming along nicely. Sometimes I hate have to concentrate so much on something (36 pages, really??), but it is almost always worth it in the end. Glad you had a great time at the concert. I went to see Gotye in Glasgow recently and it was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shawl is beautiful, I love the colour!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I amtotally envious that you and Dawn E both got to see Elton John! Sounded like an amazing concert :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you say the pattern was 36 pages long?? Wow, I think I'd glaze over by page 5!

    The shawl is looking lovely and I await seeing it in its full glory soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tuck shawl is looking great!

    Agreed. Elton John does an amazing show. We saw him in Albuquerque a few years ago

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shawl is looking amazing!! Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

    I am so jealous that you got to see Sir Elton John. Looks like it was an awesome show!

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elton John still is awesome in concert to this day! He is full of energy and puts on a nifty show.

    Love the color of your shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shawl looks beautiful... love the colors. I must say, I'm a tad jealous about the Elton John concert. He's been one of my favorites forever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has been such a great week, the weather was so nice! Your Tuck shawl is such a pretty color, I'm excited to see it finished. You lucky duck,you got to see Elton John!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy FAF! Spring sure has sprung around here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coming along just great! Spring hit Cali as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your projects are looking great!!!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Elton John concert must have been great - three hours - incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Andrea...I went to the concert, too. Must have been the first concert that I've been to in 20 years! I picked a great re-entry into the concert world;-))) Wasn't he fantastic? Loved every minute;-)))

    ReplyDelete