Friday, March 16, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Just a Block Away

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Spring has arrived early here in Michigan.  The last few days have been in the upper 70's, the pastures are turning green, we've turned off the heated water buckets and our shear date is set.  The Alpacas are ready for that pasture to grow so they can fill their bellies with the rich grass...but they must wait a wee bit longer.  You can't rush nature.



You can't rush knitting either.  I finished my Crossing the Lines cowl right before bed last night.  Now I just need to stop by my LYS so that it can be blocked properly. I am still not blocking properly so I am asking the amazing pattern writer herself to work her blocking magic.   It is beyond beautiful.  I love when I finish a project and it turns out better than I had imagined.  This cowl was great too because I learned a couple of new techniques too. So I will have to wait a few more days before I can share the blocked cowl. 

Enjoy your weekend.  I hope it's as beautiful in your neck of the woods as it is here on the farm.  Now share your adventures in Fiber Arts!
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs

22 comments:

  1. What a cool cowl! It is so pretty, I can't wait to see it being modelled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your cowl is beautiful! Love the colors you chose. Welcome to spring, just remember it could be winter again before it's over, LOL Gotta love Michigan weather. Have a wonderful weekend Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog ! Thank you for your very nice articles. I look forward to visiting your site in the future! I like this very much.
    Methods of Modern Farming

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this cowl is so stunning, i love the colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky that you have a helpful friend!! It looks beautiful already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Simply beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person. Sorry I'm going to miss the get together tomorrow. Enjoy this gorgeous weather we're having!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. The yarn is just amazing on the cowl. I love how it striped... glad you have help with the blocking. That is yet another skill I have to master.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!....hopefully I'll be able to see it on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you found someone to block for you! Does she sew in ends too? Wouldn't that be awesome?!! I like the inside texture of your cowl almost as much as the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring is here! It's too warm to even wear that beautiful knit cowl. However it's perfect weather to start spinning on the porch again :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful, can't wait to see it blocked!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when a plan comes together. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, that did turn out beautifully! I know what you mean about the blocking -- I could use some good tips myself. Share what you learn! Please? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful colors, i love green & purple together..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see another wip coming, so very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks super, lovely colours. Looking forward to alpaca shearing pictures

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful work! Show us how it looks on you once it's done blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your color choices are very nice. Can't wait to see a picture of you wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those colors are just fabulous ... wow. I can't wait to see it blocked!

    Your projects always make me want to try harder to be a better knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh, I can't wait to see it in all it's blocked goodness!!

    Yes, you can't rush nature. "Nature always gets her way...nature always gets her way."

    ReplyDelete