Friday, March 9, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Crossing the Lines

 Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Your weekly dose of Fiber Arts Adventures are sure to be filled with a variety of fun.  This week I have been knitting like a mad woman.  I cast on my Crossing the Lines Cowl written by my absolute favorite pattern writer, KellyJ, and have been totally addicted to it.  I am using three lucious skeins of yarn including my very own handspun.

This will be used in one of my Nerd Wars challenges but I will wait until it's blocked and finished to show off the inspiration and the challenge it will meet.  I can't believe how quickly this is knitting up.  I am on my last repeat before I start knitting the stripes.  If all goes good I will have it done by the beginning of next week.  Squeal!  Of course, we are finally getting to see a glimpse of Spring here in Michigan so if I don't get this finished soon I may not get to enjoy it for a few months.

As far as an update on my Tuck shawl, I can no longer knit it at work or in short bursts.  Unless I know I can commit to a nice block of knitting, I just won't knit it because I am at a point that requires more concentration.

Only one more week until my Weaving/Spinning group comes over for a St. Patrick's Day gathering.  I plan to get my weave on so...must complete these knitting projects.  Now...share your adventures in Fiber Arts.


Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs

16 comments:

  1. 'tis beautiful! I think colorwork is so interesting to knit. I can't wait to see the finished object. Have a fibery weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the new Kellyj pattern you are working on! It looks wonderful, I will definitely be adding this pattern to my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how it turns out. And you never know with Michigan weather......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo very pretty! I sure could use a St Patty's fiber party. Sounds like fun! Hope you guys have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I like the idea behind that cowl. Looking forward to seeing it finished too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your St. Patrick's Day 'fiber fete' sounds amaaahzing!
    XXO--

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Andrea, that looks so beautiful! Always when I visit you, I want to start new knitting!
    Have a lovely weekend! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty :) Can't wait to see how it ties in to your team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see it all finished. I had a miserable failure with a cowl. It did result in me finding the current shawl I'm knitting, so it worked out. I'll go back again when I have a bit more experience. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love that cowl! I can't wait to see the FO.

    And have a fun St. Paddy's day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a really striking looking cowl. I love cowls but have only made them with simple patterns in one color. I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cowl is so pretty! When I was a cube-dweller I used to park my car in the far corner of the parking lot and hide in the car at lunch time so I could knit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see the FO-wish I lived closer to join the St Patty's day fiber get together-have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Tuck Shawl is beautiful! I can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely work, multiple colours is my favourite type of knitting at the minute, looking forward to seeing more of your projects

    ReplyDelete