Friday, February 24, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Spinning

Fiber Arts Friday is here!  Whew!  I didn't think today would ever get here.  Holiday work weeks always throw me off.  I spent the better part of last weekend spinning and have ignored all of my weaving projects along with knitting in the evenings to work on my spinning.  It started last Saturday when I met my weaving and spinning group for an day of fun.  I had dyed 8oz of Panda Top (Merino/Bamboo/Nylon) in this lovely Spring color. 

I ended up with 254 yards of this 2 ply loveliness. I was also super ambitious and took advantage of the beautiful un-February like weather here in Michigan to take photos of my yarns. I have been busy getting my handspun loaded in to my Etsy Shop of Wonder.  All weights, colors and lengths are going in.  Whew!  It is so much work.  I am also a Yarnie on Ravelry so if you have purchased my yarn, make sure to add it to your stash with the link...it now works.

I then decided that after being on a worsted kick, I needed to spin something finer, so every evening I've been working on this Alpaca which should end up being a Fingering weight but...we'll just have to wait until plying to see.  I have about 7oz of this so it's been taking awhile to spin the singles. My goal is to ply this weekend. What adventures in Fiber Arts have you had this week?

Fiber Arts Friday ! 

To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs

26 comments:

  1. That green and pink yarn is a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new hand-dyed roving, Andrea!!
    ...and that yarn is soooo thin! Amazing! Will you make a lace
    project with it after it's plied? (Listen to me...I think I almost have this 'knitting lingo' right!) Giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, I love that spring color yarn! It looks especially good to me this morning after looking out the door. Have a great Friday! Thanks so much for hosting the blog party. I've met so many nice folks here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you make some great yarn, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fingering weight is so earthy looking - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dye job really does remind me of spring. We could use a little of that around here too. The yarns are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful looking yarn. I love the spring colours, I'm on a big pink and green kick lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, your yarn turned out wonderful. Had a great time spinning on Saturday (even with my mess). Drive careful in this storm.....one close call is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your spinning is looking terrific... so very even. :-)

    Reminds me... I have some Via Verde Farm alpaca/silk on my wheel that hasn't gotten much love recently

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely yarn!!!

    I have been spinning up a storm too. I love a spinning bug :)

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, great colors and wonderful spinning too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spinning is good, Andrea! Love both colorways, but that green and pink does indeed scream "spring tulips" to me. :)

    Take it easy, lady, and have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That top yarn looks like jewelry I own made out of a stone...called unakite (I just looked it up) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your spinning is always so gorgeous! I love the colors in the Panda - did you dye it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  15. that first yarn is just beautiful, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a lovely spring color. Wish I didn't see it before I head to the Stitches Market -- now I'm thinking I need a little fiber today...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful yarn. I have been in a spinning mood lately too

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful spring colours. After a absense from my wheel i am back on it again.Love the creativity that goes with spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, your handspun. It looks like an absolute dream, the colours and texture are so spring-hopeful-beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What lovely spring-like colors!I'm glad you're getting the same wonderful weather we're getting in Maryland!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh, you make beautiful yarn. I love the greens and pinks of that springtime colourway.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummy Yarn, would nice in a Cowl of something simular.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that green in the first photo. Hope you get the fingering weight you're looking for.

    Gosh I need to get back into fiber goodness. I need my day job to slow down again so I can fiber fun with you guys again.

    ReplyDelete