Tuesday, November 8, 2011

On a Felting Roll

After spending a fabulous day felting with my friends Suzanne, Sharon, Char plus so many more, I was inspired to make more felt.  I wanted to make another shawl but in a different colorway so I created this shawl which reminds me of Iris's in bloom.    I absolutely LOVE dyeing silk.  It is so much fun to watch the fiber soak up the dye.  Actually, I really enjoy dyeing in general.  The only drawback is that a day of dyeing means a day I can't be spinning, weaving or knitting.  Alas, it's still a Fiber Art.  So here is my newest creation, Iris.

8 comments:

  1. Look at you go!! Woo-whee!! It's gorgeous, Miss Felter!! XXO--

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks super, how does the felting work with silk? Is it a blend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful! I can't wait to try making something like that. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A felting roll....is that anything like a jelly roll or a cinnamon roll? Either way, I love the way you roll !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. The colors are soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Lovely! You go Andrea and just simply Rock it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Many hugs,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete