Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mystery's Shawl of Red Awesomeness

This post was supposed to be shared a few days ago but the USPS decided that the distance from one end of the country to Michigan should take a full business week.  Argh!  Anyways, presenting Andrea's Shawl of Red Awesomeness crocheted by my blogging friend Denise who writes the Voie de Vie Blog.

For complete information on the pattern, the Critron (a free pattern on Ravelry), and the knitting stats you can visit her blog or Ravelry Notes.  For the drooled over shawl...well, you will have to visit me.  Earlier this year, we had talked about bartering for yarn and I really wanted a shawl that I would adore without having to find the patience to knit one.  Denise had posted this shawl made in a lovely green and I fell in love with it so I asked if I supplied the yarn of my choice would she crochet it for me.  Of course, I had to use my handspun so I picked yarn that I created during the Tour de Fleece 2011 from my herdsire, Midnight Magic's Mystery and paired it with a sassy Mohair yarn.  I had no clue what to expect.  About two weeks ago, I got an email asking if I would like beads added.  I didn't know so I said, "Yesh!"  I am so glad because those beads just make the shawl POP!

My dear Grumpy Bear brought it in to work for me yesterday afternoon because I was supposed to meet some friends after work for spinning.  All of my co-workers LOVED it and all of the ladies that evening did too.  I have been wearing it all day too.  I love that I can pair it with jeans and go casual or use it with a nice dress or slacks.

It truly is the shawl of Awesomeness!

I promised Denise a few photos of me wearing the shawl with Mystery but he isn't at my farm right now because he is out performing his herdsire duties at the farm where he is co-owned so...as soon as I can make my way to their farm or he returns home, those photos will be taken.

Denise, you are a rock star! xoxo

20 comments:

  1. Lucky you. Very cozy looking.

    I don't know what's up with the PO. They held my yarn for four days at my local office. I can only think it was because the tracking said prospective delivery date and they held it until then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty... love how you're rockin' it in the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous. I'm checking out the link for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely!! How lucky you are. I am sure it will get lots of wear this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Dutch Hollow's comment! It is really pretty Andrea. Great colors on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, and it looks amazing on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great shawl! Denise is so awesome like that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truely the Shawl of Awesomeness! You look very Sassy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea, I did feel guilty for visiting another alpaca farm ... I blogged it so it would be all out in the open, and you'd know I wasn't sneaking around on Wonder Why!

    Shepherd's Purse Alpaca Farm doesn't have any roving or batts for sale yet, if that makes you feel any better!

    Your alpacas will always be my favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very funny, Dutch Hollow Acres (although Andrea is looking very sassy in those photos!).

    It looks fabulous, Andrea. It's surprisingly long - which is great for warmth. I can't tell you how thrilled I am. I loved working with the handspun and you picked a great foil yarn.

    That Mystery is something else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beth, I was just teasing. I always encourage fiber artists to visit farms where the animals are raised...I know if you lived closer, you'd be at my farm in a heartbeat. I have to admit, I love visiting other farms...those Alpacas are just too darn cute.

    Voie de Vie - I am super happy with the length. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful shawl. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shawl! I'd love to see a close-up with the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It look fantastic, great choice of yarns

    ReplyDelete
  14. great shawl! and your Mystery yarn is beautiful! some day when I win the "lotto-money" I would love a shawl or shrug with your yarns.
    hugs, Faythe @GMT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! What a beautiful combination of the pattern and yarn. I love beading in knitting, but very rarely have the patience to add it in myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...another delicious shawl by the amazingly talented Denise!!! (Andrea, aren't we lucky to know her?!?)
    You look wonderful in it, and I know you'll enjoy its warmth soon, too! XXO--

    ReplyDelete