Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wine and Wool - I told you so!

Yesterday I had a wonderful day as a vendor at the Wine and Wool Festival at the Sandhill Crane Vineyard.  This was the second year for the event and my second year being a vendor.  It was a perfect day.  I had great sales, stalled next to great vendors and tasted wonderful wine.

I have to admit that I did spend a wee bit of my profits on a couple of goodies.  First was a felted vessel made by the Mid-Michigan Wooly Women out of Llama.  As soon as I passed their booth my eyes were drawn to it and finally they had me bring it to my booth to "try it out".  Obviously, their sales tactic worked and I purchased it.  I am going to take it to work with me and dress up my office space.

On the other side of me was Carla whose fiber arts business is knows as cjkoho.  She has gorgeous colorways in quite a few different fibers but I especially fell in love with Merino/Tencel blends named Henry and Jillian and since I had a successful sales day I rewarded myself with this purchase.  I have already began to spin the delicious fiber.

I really enjoy events like this because you meet so many people.  Sometimes it's a reunion of friendship and acquantences that you haven't seen in ages but mostly it's a chance to meet new people who enjoy fiber arts like you do.  Over a glass of wine or two, we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon together.

Thank you to everyone who came out to the vineyard and supported my farm.  I am always eager to see what my customers create with the roving and yarns that I have made.

12 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's impossible to do a Wine & Wool show without buying a little wine and wool! I'm glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that would be dangerous...drink a few glasses and then head out shopping....sounds like fun! Love your vessel! I love tencel and merino too, it spins nice and it even looks wonderful wet felted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so fun! Beautiful purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine and wool sounds like a lethal combination for the wallet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I owe you an email...and a parcel from Canada!! Will do that as soon as I can remember to do it...haven't visited your space in ages. Will explain my life's busyness later...nice to hear your sales went well...your table looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm wine and wool. I'm thinking we need something like that here in WNY

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, yay!!! I've been wondering about this event, I'm glad you had so much fun!!

    I'll have to check out that Jillian colorway - it's my daughter's name!!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that first picture of you - wine, cheese, wool (and alpaca) -what better way to spend the day?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea--It looks like a perfect day all around! I wish I were closer, and could have hung out there with you...drinking wine and buying wonderful
    roving and just laughing and enjoying other like-minded fiber people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wine, wool and snacks - what else can a gal ask for? Oh, ok, maybe some awesome fiber to spin. :)

    I cannot wait to see how that spins up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I wish we had a wine and wool festival! SO jealous!

    Love the merino-tencel ... glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a wonderful show, glad you had a good day

    ReplyDelete