Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tour de Fleece - Day 21 and 22

I had big intentions for my spinning yesterday especially since it was the challenge day but...I didn't complete the challenge nor did I attempt it.  After work, I met up with a handful of members of the Team of Wonder so that we could spin together and share your Tour de Fleece yarns.  I was having so much fun visiting that I didn't feel like attempting a new skill so...I worked on filling two bobbins of my Alpaca blends.

I really thought when I started to spin today that I would treat today as my challenge day but...I plyed the yarns the good ol' fashioned way which includes Bears in the pool and me with a sunburn.  I actually cleared off a enough bobbins to create two separate yarns.  I am very pleased with the results and the yarn weights.

I have also found that no matter what I do, I always end up with approximately 200 yards of two ply yarn.  Whether I spin thick or thin or thick-n-thin, it always measures out to that.  I need to seriously start researching projects that require 200 yards or less.  Oh wait!  I already have a bazillion of them queued on my favorite list...I will sell most of the yarns that I created during TdF this year because I just don't have enough hours in the day to knit with all of the yarns I spin.  I will keep a few skeins back for my own use though.  Seriously, look at the photo of me holding all of that yarn.  That is all of the yarn I have spun in the last month on top of working full time, taking care of my farm and family and saving the world...I have serious spinning issue ;-)

I have decided that after the TdF ends tomorrow, I will take a short break from spinning so I can finish weaving my scarf and knitting my Walking on Sunshine socks...there definitely not enough hours in the day to complete all of my fiber art's passions.

7 comments:

  1. Nice work! I did spin, but just could not take one more picture....all the photo stuff seemed to take FOREVER! Looks like a fun time, I would have shopped, shopped, and shopped some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea--Honestly, you are Superwoman! Yes-you
    deserve a break and some new projects. Hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely deserve a bit of a spinning break after whipping up all those skeins! The collage is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh lovely yarn! Did you do any chocolate brown? I need some for a scarf... are they less than 200yds??

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so fun to be with all those spinners. I really like that top yarn - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous yarns. Love the picture of all your yarns, that is a serious armful of yarn! The spinning meet up sounds like loads of fun too

    ReplyDelete