Sunday, June 26, 2011

Introducing Arwen of Wonder

Arwen is said to be the most beautiful of all living beings in Middle-earth.  Her name will also now be known for the beautiful Black Huacaya Alpaca born on June 26, 2011 at the Wonder Why Alpaca Farm, LLC.  346 Days ago we bred her dam, Midnight Aire to our herdsire, Midnight Magic's Mystery...then waited. 

Around 8am this morning we completed our barn chores and still no sight of a cria.  Around Noon I asked Grumpy to go to the barn and let the Alpacas out to pasture since the morning dew had dried while I washed dishes.  As I watched Grumpy walk out to the barn I noticed Midnight Aire was sitting slightly away from the barn.  I don't have a perfect view but...I knew it wasn't her normal spot.  I reached for my camera, phone and called to the Bears that we had a cria before Grumpy could even wave his hands up to the house.  Sure enough, I was already heading out the door by the time Grumpy had run back to the house to let us know that we had a black cria sitting next to Midnight Aire.


She is absolutely beautiful with amazing brightness and adorable crimp.  It's always hard to tell what the fleece will be light on birth day.  I hope she lives up to her name because this LOTR geek is super excited that she's here.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Gma, on your beautiful new
    alpaca grand-baby!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful Andrea, Alpacas are the most wonderful creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful and so sweet. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so cute! I love in the bottom photo, how the others look so interested in her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh babies are just adorable, glad all went well and safely for the new arrival. We are waiting for a Dexter calf at the moment, hopefully not too many more days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congratulations, she sure is a cute wee baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is gorgeous! I can't wait to see her in person. You picked a great name too. I just love LOTR too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! She's very adorable. I'm amazed you didn't hear the birth. Is the house too far away from the barn, or are they just quiet during labor?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I love how the other alpacas are checking her out, and smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really loving loving loving all these babes! So sweet I wish I could love 'em up!

    ReplyDelete