Saturday, October 16, 2010

Organ Donation Gave Me This Moment

I was reading Angela's Blog today and she had a lovely photo of with her grandfather and her that said, Donate Life, Organ Donation Gave Me This Moment.  I loved it...I cried.  I started thinking about all the moments Organ Donation has given my family.  I can't pick just one favorite moment so I'll pick the last.  It's been over a year now since I got a photo of Dad with the grandkids.  It was at Brother Bear's Birthday.  It's the last photo I have of him with his grand children.

How can this be the last photo?  Look at it!  Look at him with his grandchildren!  He loved them!  They loved him!  It was just one of so many we took after he received the Gift of Life.  No regrets...never!  I miss him so much!
The last picture...
Thank you, Our Donor Family, for making the decision to donate your loved ones organs so that my father would know his grandchildren.  Every breath he took was a blessing to our family.

Give So Others Can Live

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for you kind thoughts on my behalf Andrea. When I renewed my DL last month I made sure they put a heart on it. So perhaps one day when given the opportunity I can pass a gift to someone else. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that your dad got to spend time with his grandchildren. To see how someone's generous last gift can make such a difference to so many people is just incredible. I want to thank you for your encouragement to sign up. It makes me happy to know that if something were to happen to me I can pass the gift of life onto someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a touching story and sentiment. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Andrea, you have been such a supportive friend to Angela since her transplant. Although Angela has struggled a lot since her transplant, it has given us all more time and wonderful memories. Angela has said, "how much longer I have is not important, the extra time gifted to me is all that matters." I am sorry that your dad is no longer here, but as you said, "no regrets". Cherish the memories. We hope you're doing well. Mindi and Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reminding us to do the right thing :)

    ReplyDelete