Monday, July 19, 2010

Tour de Fleece - The Beginning of the End

It's the last week of the Tour de Fleece.  I'm sad because it's been fun to have a team to share ideas and concerns with.  Maybe I can keep the Team of Wonder going even after the Tour de Fleece is finished?  Actually, all good athletes know that you don't stop practicing once the season is over so I hope we will keep the spirit up for the remainder of the year.

This weekend I started spinning up some 100% Suri Roving that I dyed orange out of TradeWind.  I currently have my beautiful Morning Mist up at Wind Walker Ranch breeding to him.  They lovely Dark Rose Gray came from her.  Just think, those two beautiful bobbins of yarn that were carfully plyed together are from the two beautiful Suri Alpacas that are making a beautiful cria for the 2011 Summer.  Ok, I'm  a bit more choked up than you but I love the fleece from both of these beautiful creatures and I adore them too so...I get to enjoy their union a wee bit earlier than next summer.

I debated about combing their fiber up together then spinning but decided on singles instead,  The knitted look is so beautiful when the two colors pop that I have been spinning a bunch of yarn that way plus I get bored if I have to spin too many bobbins full of the same fluff in a row.

This yarn, like many others, will be traveling to shows and festivals with me this season.  Hopefully I will sell them and they won't travel with me too long but if not, I already have ideas of projects to make out of them.  If you buy one or two or more (hint, hint) I will even share the intentions of my yarn with you.

Now...back to the drawing board. I have more Tour de Fleece Yarn to spin.  I have one week left including the Day of Rest on Wednesday and the Challenge Day on Thursday.  I've decided Thursday's Challenge will be spinning bead into my yarn thanks to the advice of Wind Rose Fibers.

2 comments:

  1. As hard as it is to keep up all this spinning, I'll be sad when Tour de Fleece is over too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete