Sunday, November 8, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons...



At the Wonder Farm, not only do we raise alpaca, we also raise chickens.  The chickens are completely my husband's thing.  I love eggs but I could care less about raising them...and it doesn't help that the rooster attacked me last year.  Apparently he thinks my polka-dot muck boots are food.

The fun part about having chickens is that I always have farm fresh eggs.  You would think that would inspire me to cook....you would think.

Well, I am awful in the kitchen. Most of my creations require a box and a few additional ingredients.  Really!  Cooking a cake from scratch requires me and Betty Crocker along with an egg, oil and water.  I can totally rock that!

So, I was going to a Fiber Friends Day with my knitting group, the AWESOME Zombie Prom Date Knitters, and we are all to bring a passing dishes so I thought I would bring Wonder Deviled Eggs from the Wonder Chickens.  Yup...that's what I thought I would do.

Apparently I forgot that part about being an awful cook!

This is how I peel a hard boiled egg


This is what 26 peeled hard boiled eggs look like after I've peeled them




 This is how I get creative and decided that I'm going to make fancy egg salad sandwiches


Yes, I wanted to look a bit creative!
I have cookie cutters galore, I make fancy toast because I also can't make cut out cookies

So, Julia Childs I'm not!
But when life gives you lemons, you make
Wonder Egg Salad Sandwiches!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! It was great to meet you yesterday! Your egg salad sandwiches looked yummy. I even saw ChickenLady eating one despite your "no eggs" routine, LOL. If you'd like your eggs to look like Martha Stewart boiled them just be sure to add salt to your boiling water, drain the water after cooking and cover with cold water for a few minutes and you should have pretty peeled eggs. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete